Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Walk Day 8 - Lhospitalet to near Montcuq

Friday, May 29, 2009

Decided to use the baggage service again today so walked lightly! Was dropped in Lhospitalet by my hosts at "Les Tuileries" at 8:30am and arrived at my B&B "Labouysse" about four klms before Montcuq at 2pm -- just over 17klms. Sunny all day and the hottest one so far -- 27 or 28C -- and perhaps the least shady. The landscape has changed and is more open, less hilly, with more grain fields and the earth is grey/white as opposed to the distinctive red earth before Cahors. Far fewer other walkers on the trail today and yesterday, not sure why.

Too bad this has to be my last day on the trail because I'm feeling so much stronger and my hips and legs are no longer screaming at me. The lack of Sunday and holiday bus service in the area mean I'll have to return to Cahors tomorrow morning, Saturday, if I'm to catch my train on Monday and make the flight on Tuesday morning in Paris.





A little field airport.


Only the second day I was seeing the yellow gorse bushes.


Morning rest stop -- a surprise little park before Lascabanes.








Entering Lascabanes. You'd think there'd be a store or café but no.


Leaving Lascabanes -- a nice looking B&B and restaurant but resto only open in evenings.


St. Jean de Froid -- gorgeous little chapel





These are little sunflower plants -- imagine the field in two months...



The whiteness of the trail at midday made it feel hotter than it was but the breezes were still cool, feeling as if they were blowing down out of the mountains behind me.


The cutoff to my B&B, "Labouysse" about 4 klms before Montcuq.


M. and Mme Couture, who've farmed this land for 32 years, and also served a brilliant farm-fresh meal including a wonderful spinach dish.


"Labouysse's" main tower dates from the 1600s.


The view from my bedroom down into the valley.







My bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment