Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Walk Day 3 - Cajarc to Mas de Palat (near Limogne-en-Quercy)

Sunday, May 24, 2009
A later start again today at about 10am. I'd heard the stores didn't open until 9:30 but it turned out a bar/café opened at 8am (and it also had internet). Blazing sun all day but met great pair of Swedish men and walked with them for several hours which takes one's focus off heat, blisters, leg pains, etc. Did about 15 klms and arrived at La Hulotte B&B just before Limongne-en-Quercy just before 3pm.


View leaving Cajarc after a short, steep ascent out of the river valley.


The hills ahead in the photo are where I'm headed.






Cajarc is back behind the near hills.








The forest here, and on most of the coming days' trails, is oak and the underbrush is wild boxwood.


Morning snack stop in the woods. The forest is lined with old stone fences which indicate this was all cleared fields relatively recently, as does the forest in which the trees all look the same age and not that old.


Delicious foie gras and cornichon sandwhich for lunch.















After refueling, get the gear on and carry on....the two Swedes I lunched with kindly snapped this for me.


Wild geraniums.



My two charming Swedish friends who spoke perfect English, as most Scandinavians I've met do.


The courtyard of La Hulotte, my B&B for the night.


My bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment